Women in Unions
The SDA is involved in the active promotion of women's interests. We do this through unionisation, education, and representation.
Living in the 21st century, we want to see women treated fairly, as they should be. We believe that it’s our duty as trade unionists to ensure equality for all our members. The SDA was the first trade union to:
- Establish a Women's Bureau
- Appoint a full-time Women's Co-ordinator
- Develop and implement an extensive equal employment opportunity program
- Act on female members' concerns about personal safety
- Formulate a comprehensive Women's Policy.
The SDA aims to ensure that women receive equal pay, benefits, treatment and education in the workplace. We are actively seeking improvements in the industrial, social and economic conditions of women.
To view the SDA Women's Policy, please click here.
If you have an issue relating to these issues, we can provide you with the right resources and assistance to help you.