The SDA is here to look after you in the workplace. Our most important role is to protect you and your rights at work. If things go wrong at work, our skilled Union Reps and legal team are on your side. No problem is too big or too small to bring to our attention. We're happy to hear from you, even if it's for just a bit of advice or support.
Some benefits of SDA membership include:
Negotiation of wages, pay rises and conditions
· Help with improving working conditions
· Protection of your workplace rights
· Representation with industrial disputes
· Legal representation with workers’ compensation
· Advice and action regarding workplace issues
· Workplace health and safety services
· Extensive member discounts, competitions, and benefits
· Regular communications and a quarterly journal
Being part of a Union is important because it gives you peace of mind to know you are not alone if something goes wrong or if you need to negotiate with employers. Sometimes it can be daunting to speak with management about issues, but being a member with the SDA means you have a strong Union behind you to act on your behalf.