The SDA fights for fairer pay, improved job security and safer workplaces, join the SDA today! Join over 200,000 retail, fast food & warehouse workers standing up for a fair go.
The SDA is here to look after you in the workplace. Our most important role is to protect you and your rights at work. If things go wrong at work, our skilled Union Reps and legal team are on your side. The Union has Delegates who work in store with you and can provide you with advice and support when needed. Together we have a strong collective voice and stand up for our rights in the workplace.
Some benefits of SDA membership include:
- Negotiation of wages, pay rises and conditions
- Help with improving working conditions
- Protection of your workplace rights
- Representation with industrial disputes
- Legal representation with workers’ compensation
- Advice and action regarding workplace issues
- Workplace health and safety services
- Extensive member discounts, competitions, and benefits
- Regular communications and Union magazine
Being part of a Union is important because it gives you peace of mind to know you are not alone if something goes wrong or if you need to negotiate with employers.
Sometimes it can be daunting to speak with management about issues, but being a member with the SDA means you have a strong Union behind you to act on your behalf.
You can join online or call the SDA Newcastle office on 1300 SDA HELP (1300 732 4357).